Synonyms for unseeing
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : see-ing|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈsi ɪŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for unseeing
Définition of unseeingOrigin :
- c.1300, present participle adjective from see (v.). Seeing Eye dog first attested 1929, American English, trademarked by Seeing Eye Inc. of New Jersey.
- adj blind
- And then I picked it up again, and gazed at it with hard, unseeing eyes.
- Extract from : « The Comrade In White » by W. H. Leathem
- He waved wildly, frantically, but the big ship drifted on, unseeing.
- Extract from : « Invasion » by William Fitzgerald Jenkins
- He stood there quite still, watching his movements with unseeing eyes.
- Extract from : « The Golden Woman » by Ridgwell Cullum
- The glance was unseeing and staring, a fascinated glance; but he did not turn to look after us.
- Extract from : « Tales of Unrest » by Joseph Conrad
- Disregarding or unseeing her outstretched hand, he went on and left her there alone.
- Extract from : « The Flying Mercury » by Eleanor M. Ingram
- She looked up at him as if her soul were lost in her music, with unseeing eyes.
- Extract from : « 'Twixt Land & Sea » by Joseph Conrad
- She turned, gazing at the woman with staring, unseeing eyes.
- Extract from : « The Ivory Snuff Box » by Arnold Fredericks
- He gazed at her long with a dull, unintelligent, unseeing expression.
- Extract from : « The Letter of the Contract » by Basil King
- The Earthling looked off, unseeing, into a far corner of the room.
- Extract from : « Adaptation » by Dallas McCord Reynolds
- He stood like a figure of bronze, staring with unseeing eyes to the far horizon.
- Extract from : « The Rhodesian » by Gertrude Page
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019