Synonyms for timber wolf
|Grammar : Noun|
Définition of timber wolf
- As in prairie wolf : noun coyote
- Just then the long mourn of a timber wolf wailed in with the wind.
- Extract from : « The Boy Scouts Book of Campfire Stories » by Various
- Still, a timber wolf is a beast I've no kind of use for in winter.
- Extract from : « For the Allinson Honor » by Harold Bindloss
- Beyond all doubt the deer is the principal prey of the timber wolf.
- Extract from : « Wolf and Coyote Trapping » by A. R. (Arthur Robert) Harding
- His chief enemies are the puma and the timber wolf, but they are seldom able to get him.
- Extract from : « The Human Side of Animals » by Royal Dixon
- It took me years to get used to the idea of passing a timber wolf without looking around, but I learned to do it—because of you.
- Extract from : « Fanny Herself » by Edna Ferber
- As I told you before, when the timber wolf gets his blood up he is absolutely fearless.
- Extract from : « Bert Wilson in the Rockies » by J. W. Duffield
- The roar of the river seemed louder now, and he could hear a timber wolf howling far off on the hillside.
- Extract from : « A Damaged Reputation » by Harold Bindloss
- The big, grey, timber wolf still roamed the woods, although it soon disappeared before the oncoming wave of invading settlers.
- Extract from : « Blazing The Way » by Emily Inez Denny
- A timber wolf, especially a solitary timber wolf, was a timid thing, yet this one feared neither man nor fire.
- Extract from : « The Wolves of God » by Algernon Blackwood
- The trail lay long, unknown and untrodden, save by the timber wolf, panther and black bear.
- Extract from : « Indian Legends of Vancouver Island » by Alfred Carmichael
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019