Synonyms for souvenir
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : soo-vuh-neer, soo-vuh-neer|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌsu vəˈnɪər, ˈsu vəˌnɪər|
Définition of souvenirOrigin :
- 1775, "a remembrance or memory," from French souvenir (12c.), from Old French noun use of souvenir (v.) "to remember, come to mind," from Latin subvenire "come to mind," from sub- "up" (see sub-) + venire "to come" (see venue). Meaning "token of remembrance, memento" is first recorded 1782.
- noun keepsake from event
- Wiggle appeared to claim the locust as a souvenir of the scout's magic.
- Extract from : « Pee-wee Harris » by Percy Keese Fitzhugh
- I'd like to keep it for a souvenir, but I'm afraid you need it!
- Extract from : « Alice Adams » by Booth Tarkington
- What souvenir of a great man can compete with the knocker of his door?
- Extract from : « The Harmsworth Magazine, v. 1, 1898-1899, No. 2 » by Various
- "I am culling a souvenir, madame," said he, plucking a moss-ross as the lady passed.
- Extract from : « The Fortunes Of Glencore » by Charles James Lever
- That's right; always keep your word, and take this trifle as a souvenir of me.
- Extract from : « The Memoires of Casanova, Complete » by Jacques Casanova de Seingalt
- The covenant is Wilson's souvenir to the future of the world.
- Extract from : « Woodrow Wilson's Administration and Achievements » by Frank B. Lord and James William Bryan
- I'm a great smoker, and I should like a souvenir now I'm going away.
- Extract from : « An Old Meerschaum » by David Christie Murray
- All is forgotten, all is dead to him except the souvenir of the son who was dear to him.
- Extract from : « The Son of Monte-Cristo, Volume II (of 2) » by Alexandre Dumas pre
- Nearly every tourist presses a souvenir of it in his notebook.
- Extract from : « The Mountain that was 'God' » by John H. Williams
- Then, very coaxingly, "Didn't you bring your old Nannie a souvenir from the war?"
- Extract from : « Four Days » by Hetty Hemenway
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019