Synonyms for soft soap
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : sawft-sohp, soft-|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈsɔftˈsoʊp, ˈsɒft-|
Définition of soft soapOrigin :
- 1630s, from soft (adj.) + soap (n.). Figurative sense "flattery" is recorded from 1830.
- noun liquid soap
- The answer is that I am making soap; soft soap, if you know what that is.
- Extract from : « In the Midst of Alarms » by Robert Barr
- Prepare a fine thick lather of soft soap, boiled in soft water; dip a brush in it, and scour the marble well with powder.
- Extract from : « The Cook and Housekeeper's Complete and Universal Dictionary; Including a System of Modern Cookery, in all Its Various Branches, » by Mary Eaton
- Ma, I am going to make some soft soap, for the Fair this fall!
- Extract from : « The Book of Anecdotes and Budget of Fun; » by Various
- We had the "Head Barber," and, of course, any amount of soft soap.
- Extract from : « The Confessions of a Caricaturist, Vol 2 (of 2) » by Harry Furniss
- And a sound licking will open their eyes better than soft soap.
- Extract from : « The Banner Boy Scouts on a Tour » by George A. Warren
- We shall want two bucketfuls of soft soap for the first washings.
- Extract from : « When Life Was Young » by C. A. Stephens
- “All soft soap and flam,” said Bob to himself, as he went out on deck.
- Extract from : « Middy and Ensign » by G. Manville Fenn
- It is nothing to the way you can spread it with two quarts of soft soap.
- Extract from : « Peck's Bad Boy and His Pa » by George W. Peck
- You don't need to soft soap me, Senator; save that for your office seekers.
- Extract from : « Hidden Gold » by Wilder Anthony
- You've got to go to town to buy two pounds of soft soap; here is the money.
- Extract from : « Jeppe on the Hill » by Ludvig Holberg
Words or expressions associated with your search
- fabric softener
- in soft tones
- old softie
- soft-core pornography
- soft pedal
- soft porn
- soft shell
- soft soap
- soft spot
- soft touch
- soft underbelly
- soft words
- systems software specialist
- daytime soap
- get on a soapbox
- get on soapbox
- get on soapbox for
- gets a soapbox
- nighttime soap
- soapbox orator
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019