Synonyms for refurbish
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ree-fur-bish|
|Phonetic Transcription : riˈfɜr bɪʃ|
Top 10 synonyms for refurbish Other synonyms for the word refurbish
Définition of refurbishOrigin :
- 1610s, from re- "again" + furbish, on model of French refourbir. Related: Refurbished; refurbishing.
- verb spruce up
- It was Josie Fifer's duty not only to tabulate and care for these relics, but to refurbish them when necessary.
- Extract from : « Cheerful--By Request » by Edna Ferber
- We were to meet the directors of the Hudson's Bay Company that night, and we had come out to refurbish our scant, wild attire.
- Extract from : « Heralds of Empire » by Agnes C. Laut
- Why revamp and refurbish the old platitudes and dole them out each succeeding year?
- Extract from : « Craftsmanship in Teaching » by William Chandler Bagley
- If he venture to clean or refurbish his board without authorisation, he will receive a summons and be compelled to pay a fine.
- Extract from : « Critical Studies » by Ouida
- In January 1971 Radio Sofia took steps to refurbish its old programming.
- Extract from : « Area Handbook for Bulgaria » by Eugene K. Keefe, Violeta D. Baluyut, William Giloane, Anne K. Long, James M. Moore, and Neda A. Walpole
Antonyms for refurbish
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019