Synonyms for recommendation
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : rek-uh-men-dey-shuh n, -muh n-|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌrɛk ə mɛnˈdeɪ ʃən, -mən-|
Top 10 synonyms for recommendation Other synonyms for the word recommendation
Définition of recommendationOrigin :
- early 15c., "action of commending oneself to another," from Old French recommendation (Modern French recommandation), from Medieval Latin recommendationem (nominative recommendatio), noun of action from past participle stem of recommendare (see recommend). Meaning "act of recommending (someone or something) as worthy" is from 1570s. Letter of recommendation is from late 15c.
- noun advice, approval
- "I shan't need any recommendation from your father," said Robert.
- Extract from : « Brave and Bold » by Horatio Alger
- Be very particular to deserve my custom and recommendation, David.'
- Extract from : « Life And Adventures Of Martin Chuzzlewit » by Charles Dickens
- What was the peculiarity about the mine which constituted its recommendation to investors?
- Extract from : « A Woman Intervenes » by Robert Barr
- And now tell me, what higher letters of recommendation have they to men than this folly?
- Extract from : « The Praise of Folly » by Desiderius Erasmus
- The Chinese and Japanese eat it, but that isn't much of a recommendation to a European.
- Extract from : « The Cruise of the Dry Dock » by T. S. Stribling
- "Beyond our recommendation, you mean," said the Lyran flatly.
- Extract from : « Join Our Gang? » by Sterling E. Lanier
- Jonadab recommended it to Sim, and Sim took the recommendation.
- Extract from : « The Depot Master » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- They were friends of Jim Campbell's and had first come to Bayport on his recommendation.
- Extract from : « Kent Knowles: Quahaug » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- Chang applied to this group for a recommendation of a suitable man for him.
- Extract from : « Herbert Hoover » by Vernon Kellogg
- His manner was free and unembarrassed, and he carried a letter of recommendation in his face.
- Extract from : « Paul Prescott's Charge » by Horatio Alger
Antonyms for recommendation
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019