Synonyms for publication
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : puhb-li-key-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌpʌb lɪˈkeɪ ʃən|
Top 10 synonyms for publication
- public relations
Définition of publicationOrigin :
- late 14c., "the act of making publicly known," from Old French publicacion (14c.) and directly from Latin publicationem (nominative publicatio) "a making public," noun of action from past participle stem of publicare "make public," from publicus (see public (adj.)). Meaning "the issuing of a written or printed work" is first recorded 1570s; as the word for the thing so issued, from 1650s. Parallel publishment had a shadowy existence alongside this word, in local and specialized use, into the 18c.
- noun printing of written or visual material
- noun something printed for reading
- Written years before, at the time of publication he was thirty-three.
- Extract from : « 'Tis Sixty Years Since » by Charles Francis Adams
- The fellow had practised upon my credulity to obtain my likeness for publication.
- Extract from : « The Bacillus of Beauty » by Harriet Stark
- Soon after the publication of the book, a great calamity came on Fielding.
- Extract from : « Joseph Andrews Vol. 1 » by Henry Fielding
- The publication of this, as I told Mr. Wentworth, will really not matter at all.
- Extract from : « A Woman Intervenes » by Robert Barr
- His Majesty had cognisance of it, and forbade the publication of the names.
- Extract from : « The Memoirs of Madame de Montespan, Complete » by Madame La Marquise De Montespan
- To genius must always go two gifts, the thought and the publication.
- Extract from : « Essays, First Series » by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- All income of the Society is devoted to defraying cost of publication and mailing.
- Extract from : « A Letter to Dion » by Bernard Mandeville
- When Carrier learnt of it the things he said were less than ever fit for publication.
- Extract from : « The Historical Nights' Entertainment » by Rafael Sabatini
- From this one issue that I have read I can see only praise for your publication.
- Extract from : « Astounding Stories of Super-Science, August 1930 » by Various
- Beatrice is going to finance the publication of it and Gay is going to be the sales manager.
- Extract from : « The Gorgeous Girl » by Nalbro Bartley
Antonyms for publication
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019