Synonyms for parquetry
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : pahr-ki-tree|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpɑr kɪ tri|
Top 10 synonyms for parquetry Other synonyms for the word parquetry
Définition of parquetry
- As in decoration : noun particular type of embellishment
- But Antonia says that we ought to have parquetry and slippery rugs.
- Extract from : « Red Rose and Tiger Lily » by L. T. Meade
- St. Dorothy's is perfectly charming, only you've to get your parquetry legs, or you'll have many a great fall.
- Extract from : « Girls New and Old » by L. T. Meade
- They upset a bucket of water in their agitation, and it flowed across the parquetry, to mingle with the powdered rosin.
- Extract from : « Good References » by E. J. Rath
- When all the water is boiled out of them, they are glued together, and then they never warp (parquetry).
- Extract from : « Fables for Children, Stories for Children, Natural Science Stories, Popular Education, Decembrists, Moral Tales » by Leo Tolstoy
- The mosaic floor, parquetry, Gothic windows, and patterns of various kinds often involve the regular figures.
- Extract from : « The Teaching of Geometry » by David Eugene Smith
- She tripped up some wide stone stairs, destitute of carpets, and then down a corridor, slippery with parquetry work.
- Extract from : « The Girls of St. Wode's » by L. T. Meade
- We can easily see how these same patterns may be further utilized as designs for inlaid tiles, or parquetry floors.
- Extract from : « Froebel's Gifts » by Kate Douglas Wiggin
- Old Flint stood there a moment, listening to her retreating footfalls on the parquetry of the vast hall.
- Extract from : « The Air Trust » by George Allan England
- Makers of trunks find it suitable for slats, and it serves as small squares and borders in parquetry.
- Extract from : « American Forest Trees » by Henry H. Gibson
- Figs. 50 to 54 are rosettes made from parquetry papers with the addition of a small circle or square at the center cut by hand.
- Extract from : « Elementary Color » by Milton Bradley
Antonyms for parquetry
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019