Synonyms for parka
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : pahr-kuh|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpɑr kə|
Top 10 synonyms for parka Other synonyms for the word parka
Définition of parkaOrigin :
- 1780, from Aleut parka, from Russian parka "a pelt or jacket made from pelt," from Samoyed.
- As in jacket : noun covering
- As in overcoat : noun heavy coat
- He had been peering inside the parka hood and suddenly he turned to me.
- Extract from : « The Trail of '98 » by Robert W. Service
- Pete took off his cap and parka and dropped them on a chair.
- Extract from : « Image of the Gods » by Alan Edward Nourse
- To-morrow I should do as 'Parka' did the day he came to Kabaira.
- Extract from : « Rdan The Devil And Other Stories » by Louis Becke
- In a moment he had his parka down over his head and was out in the open air.
- Extract from : « Panther Eye » by Roy J. Snell
- An hour passed and the boy was thankful he had thought to bring his parka.
- Extract from : « Connie Morgan in the Fur Country » by James B. Hendryx
- Alis Garet was there among a little crowd, bundled up in a parka.
- Extract from : « And Then the Town Took Off » by Richard Wilson
- He jerked back his parka hood and strained to catch the faint echo.
- Extract from : « Connie Morgan in Alaska » by James B. Hendryx
- I had rather seen him dressed in a parka, with an axe over his shoulder.
- Extract from : « Through the Yukon Gold Diggings » by Josiah Edward Spurr
- To break the wind a parka can be pulled over head and trunk.
- Extract from : « Touring Afoot » by Claude Powell Fordyce
- It was impossible to find any substitute for the Alaskan parka.
- Extract from : « America's Munitions 1917-1918 » by Benedict Crowell
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019