Synonyms for paramount
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : par-uh-mount|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpær əˌmaʊnt|
Top 10 synonyms for paramount Other synonyms for the word paramount
Définition of paramountOrigin :
- 1530s, from Anglo-French paramont, Old French paramont "above" (in place, order, degree), mid-14c., from Old French par "by," from Latin per "through, for, by" (see per (prep.)) + amont "up," from a mont "upward" (see amount (v.)). The whole from Latin per ad montem, literally "to the hill."
- adj principal, superior
- Steadily, imperceptibly, and surely, until it was paramount and supreme.
- Extract from : « Life And Adventures Of Martin Chuzzlewit » by Charles Dickens
- In fact, it is the paramount law from a Darwinian stand-point.
- Extract from : « Life: Its True Genesis » by R. W. Wright
- Woman's duty to society is paramount, she is the guardian of the Race-body and Race-soul.
- Extract from : « The Truth About Woman » by C. Gasquoine Hartley
- At one time this would have been his paramount, almost sole anxiety.
- Extract from : « The Law-Breakers » by Ridgwell Cullum
- As a strategist his qualities came to be recognized as paramount in that body.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Great War, Volume II (of VIII) » by Various
- Thoughts of possible danger to her husband, however, were paramount in her mind.
- Extract from : « The Film of Fear » by Arnold Fredericks
- For when she was bathed in the white flames, her will is paramount!
- Extract from : « Astounding Stories of Super-Science, August 1930 » by Various
- The death awe had not been permitted to take a paramount place.
- Extract from : « The Gorgeous Girl » by Nalbro Bartley
- Naturally, being in love with the girl, her interests are paramount with you.
- Extract from : « The Crevice » by William John Burns and Isabel Ostrander
- Life seemed to present to him two objects of paramount interest.
- Extract from : « Roland Cashel » by Charles James Lever
Antonyms for paramount
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019