Synonyms for parachuting
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : par-uh-shoot|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpær əˌʃut|
Top 10 synonyms for parachuting Other synonyms for the word parachuting
Définition of parachutingOrigin :
- 1784 (the year the use of one first was attempted, in Paris), from French parachute, literally "that which protects against a fall," hybrid coined by French aeronaut François Blanchard (1753-1809) from para- "defense against" (see para- (2)) + chute "a fall" (see chute).
- PARACHUTE, a kind of large and strong umbrella, contrived to break a person's fall from an airballoon, should any accident happen to the balloon at a high elevation. ["Supplement to the Encyclopaedia or Dictionary of Arts and Sciences," Philadelphia, 1803]
- As in jump : verb leap, spring
- Somehow I thought that parachuting was a good thing to know.
- Extract from : « Sally Scott of the Waves » by Roy J. Snell
- He landed badly, hitting hard enough to bruise, but thanks to the skill he had learned for parachuting, he broke no bones.
- Extract from : « The Time Traders » by Andre Norton
Antonyms for parachuting
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019