Synonyms for pamper
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : pam-per|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpæm pər|
Top 10 synonyms for pamper Other synonyms for the word pamper
Définition of pamperOrigin :
- late 14c., "to cram with food," probably from Middle Dutch (cf. West Flemish pamperen "cram with food, overindulge;" dialectal German pampen "to cram"), probably from frequentative of root of pap (n.1). Meaning "to overindulge" first attested 1520s. Related: Pampered; pampering.
- verb serve one's every need, whim
- You are pampering me here, and to pamper an invalid is bad; it keeps him an invalid.
- Extract from : « The Lion's Skin » by Rafael Sabatini
- She was the one you and my daughter used to pamper, in the steerage.
- Extract from : « Little Miss Grouch » by Samuel Hopkins Adams
- Let your needs rule you, pamper them—you will see them multiply like insects in the sun.
- Extract from : « The Simple Life » by Charles Wagner
- The besetting temptation of the free lance is to pamper himself.
- Extract from : « If You Don't Write Fiction » by Charles Phelps Cushing
- He likes to be consulted, and I pamper him as much as possible in all unessential details.
- Extract from : « Dear Enemy » by Jean Webster
- To legislate for the state, to the ruin of the man, is to pamper the body, and kill the soul.
- Extract from : « Aurelian » by William Ware
- But to pamper and pet the enemy—as though they'd dare to say a word about a petty gas-bracket!
- Extract from : « Young Blood » by E. W. Hornung
- Theresa, you know I treat my tenants like human beings, but you want to pamper them.
- Extract from : « Yonder » by Emily Hilda Young
- The hopes and the gratitude of patients combine to pamper them.
- Extract from : « The Catholic World. Volume II; Numbers 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. » by E. Rameur
- Soon there are found those who promote and pamper this weakness for a profit.
- Extract from : « The Iron Ration » by George Abel Schreiner
Antonyms for pamper
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019