Synonyms for lewdness
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : lood|
|Phonetic Transcription : lud|
Top 10 synonyms for lewdness
Définition of lewdnessOrigin :
- Old English læwede "nonclerical," of uncertain origin but probably ultimately from Vulgar Latin *laigo-, from Latin laicus (see lay (adj.)). Sense of "unlettered, uneducated" (early 13c.) descended to "coarse, vile, lustful" by late 14c. Related: Lewdly; lewdness.
- noun indecency
- They are not the fruits of love but of a sexual union based on idleness and lewdness.
- Extract from : « The Sexual Question » by August Forel
- Ye've followed him so long in lewdness that now yell follow him in conversion!
- Extract from : « The Lion's Skin » by Rafael Sabatini
- Messalina, wife to the emperor Claudius, infamous for her lewdness.
- Extract from : « Dryden's Works (13 of 18): Translations; Pastorals » by John Dryden
- And these games are reckoned devout in proportion to their lewdness.
- Extract from : « The City of God, Volume I » by Aurelius Augustine
- By the French and Anglo-Saxon laws, lewdness was thus punished.
- Extract from : « La Sorcire: The Witch of the Middle Ages » by Jules Michelet
- Lambe was notorious for the lewdness of his life and his evil habits.
- Extract from : « Witch, Warlock, and Magician » by William Henry Davenport Adams
- He should not give ear to a woman's voice, for the voice of a woman is lewdness.
- Extract from : « Hebraic Literature; Translations from the Talmud, Midrashim and Kabbala » by Various
- That never taught him lewdness, nor the love of wine, nor the wish to reap where he had not sowed.
- Extract from : « Essays » by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It cannot be denied, says he, that the christians of Europe are subject to two great vices, drunkenness and lewdness.
- Extract from : « Ebrietatis Encomium » by Boniface Oinophilus
- Lewdness is as contagious as typhus fever, and vice spreads like oil upon the water.
- Extract from : « The Story of Malta » by Maturin M. Ballou
Antonyms for lewdness
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019