Synonyms for investigated
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : in-ves-ti-geyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ɪnˈvɛs tɪˌgeɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for investigated Other synonyms for the word investigated
Définition of investigatedOrigin :
- c.1500, back-formation from investigation, or else from Latin investigatus, past participle of investigare "to trace out, search after" (see investigation). Related: Investigated; investigating.
- adj examined
- He also investigated there the laws of electric signals in submarine cables.
- Extract from : « Heroes of the Telegraph » by J. Munro
- I investigated the upper or lesser fall, which is close to the hotel.
- Extract from : « American Notes » by Rudyard Kipling
- But he has a confused notion of another method in which matters of this sort are to be investigated.
- Extract from : « Phaedo » by Plato
- They were to be previously investigated by three of the principal magistrates.
- Extract from : « Laws » by Plato
- Quite possible Seth, finding him absent, had investigated—and seen.
- Extract from : « The Woman-Haters » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- Now and again they called to Peer to stop, while they investigated some part of the machine.
- Extract from : « The Great Hunger » by Johan Bojer
- All agreed that no doubt the whole affair would be investigated.
- Extract from : « The Cat of Bubastes » by G. A. Henty
- The freedom with which, during the ham-and-eggs episode, his eyes had investigated her, where was it?
- Extract from : « The Paliser case » by Edgar Saltus
- Blachstein, under Ehrlich's direction, investigated a second case of this kind.
- Extract from : « Histology of the Blood » by Paul Ehrlich
- I investigated it, and ordered the return of the slave in my presence, which was obeyed.
- Extract from : « The Expedition to Borneo of H.M.S. Dido » by Henry Keppel
Antonyms for investigated
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019