Synonyms for hailstone
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : heyl-stohn|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈheɪlˌstoʊn|
Top 10 synonyms for hailstone Other synonyms for the word hailstone
Définition of hailstoneOrigin :
- Old English hagolstan; see hail (n.) + stone (n.).
- As in ice : noun frozen water
- Fassig lists a quartz pebble, found in a hailstone (Bibliography, part 2-355).
- Extract from : « The Book of the Damned » by Charles Fort
- The famous collection of the late Mrs. Hailstone was sold in 1909.
- Extract from : « Chats on Old Lace and Needlework » by Emily Leigh Lowes
- From a broadside in Mr. Hailstone's coll., collated with one penes me.
- Extract from : « The Ballads and Songs of Yorkshire » by C. J. Davison Ingledew
- This hailstone is said to have fallen upon the estate of Mr. Moffat of Ord.
- Extract from : « Nature's Miracles, Volume 1 » by Elisha Gray
- My orderly picked up one hailstone outside and brought it in to us.
- Extract from : « Life in an Indian Outpost » by Gordon Casserly
- One of our men received a severe bruise on his head, caused by a hailstone.
- Extract from : « Journal of a Trip to California » by Charles W. Smith
- Bozeman is only three miles from here, yet not one hailstone, not one drop of rain did they get there.
- Extract from : « Army Letters from an Officer's Wife, 1871-1888 » by Frances M.A. Roe
- Even as the slinger distinctly sends the stone out of his sling, so the path of every hailstone is marked by the Divine power.
- Extract from : « Talks To Farmers » by Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- A thunder-storm came on at this moment, and such a heavy hail-storm that every hailstone weighed a pennyweight.
- Extract from : « Heimskringla » by Snorri Sturlason
- A deadly fear struck on Neville's heart, cold as a hailstone on an opening rose.
- Extract from : « Sir Christopher » by Maud Wilder Goodwin
Antonyms for hailstone
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019