Synonyms for gluey
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : gloo-ee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈglu i|
Top 10 synonyms for gluey Other synonyms for the word gluey
Définition of glueyOrigin :
- late 14c., from glue (n.) + -y (2).
- As in pasty : adj sticky
- As in sticky : adj gummy, adhesive
- As in viscous : adj sticky, gummy
- As in gummy : adj sticky
- As in glutinous : adj viscous
- As in mucilaginous : adj viscous
- As in viscid : adj viscous
- As in viscose : adj viscous
- As in gelatinous : adj coagulated
- As in gooey : adj sticky, gummy
- They had eaten all the cookies but one, which got wet and dissolved in a gluey paste.
- Extract from : « Chicken Little Jane » by Lily Munsell Ritchie
- The road was not miry, but gluey, and reluctant, and wearisome to the tread.
- Extract from : « The Entail » by John Galt
- Sudden, thunderous outpourings of acidulous and gluey fluid.
- Extract from : « After the Rain » by Sam Vaknin
- Sicilian is gluey and evasive, as if the Sicilian didn't want to speak straight to you.
- Extract from : « Sea and Sardinia » by D. H. Lawrence
- Instead of grasping the tin, my fingers closed on a sticky, gluey mass.
- Extract from : « Trenching at Gallipoli » by John Gallishaw
- Others place it in the middle of a soft and gluey substance, to which they carefully stick many feathers.
- Extract from : « The Looking-Glass for the Mind » by M. Berquin
- His skin was cold and clammy; a gluey moisture rested on his cheek; and his teeth were dark and discolored.
- Extract from : « Tom Burke Of "Ours", Volume I (of II) » by Charles James Lever
- He drew off nine quarts of gluey, viscid fluid, and her pain was wholly relieved.
- Extract from : « A System of Practical Medicine By American Authors, Vol. II » by Various
- The nails were discolored, knobby, easily bleeding and covered with a gluey eruption.
- Extract from : « New, Old, and Forgotten Remedies: Papers by Many Writers » by Various
- Lime, līm, n. any slimy or gluey material: bird-lime: the white caustic earth from limestone, and used for cement.
- Extract from : « Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary (part 2 of 4: E-M) » by Various
Antonyms for gluey
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019