Synonyms for farceur
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : fahr-sur; French far-sœr|
|Phonetic Transcription : fɑrˈsɜr; French farˈsœr|
Top 10 synonyms for farceur Other synonyms for the word farceur
Définition of farceur
- noun joker
- Huysmans the farceur, the Jules Verne of sthetics, is enjoying himself.
- Extract from : « Egoists » by James Huneker
- He was by turns a farceur, a wit, a man of emotion, a man with a touch of genius.
- Extract from : « The Way of Ambition » by Robert Hichens
- The women crossed themselves, and the men muttered "farceur."
- Extract from : « Diary of the Besieged Resident in Paris » by Henry Labouchre
- The firmament is not to be shaken, but Annibale is not a farceur, nor his Blessed One absurd.
- Extract from : « Lore of Proserpine » by Maurice Hewlett
- All this had its use, and many of the sufferers long since became the farceur's devoted friends.
- Extract from : « The Holy Cross and Other Tales » by Eugene Field
- Imagine a shantyman (farceur as he ever was) making for edification in that style!
- Extract from : « The Shanty Book, Part I, Sailor Shanties » by Richard Runciman Terry
- He was a farceur, fond of mystifications, of rough practical jokes, of horseplay.
- Extract from : « Ivory Apes and Peacocks » by James Huneker
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019