Synonyms for elderliness
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : el-der-lee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈɛl dər li|
Définition of elderlinessOrigin :
- 1610s, from elder + -ly (1). Old English ealdorlic meant "chief, princely, excellent, authentic." Old English also had related eldernliche "of old time," literally "forefatherly."
- noun age
- I fancied even her bland face smiled, as might elderliness on youth.
- Extract from : « Henry Brocken » by Walter J. de la Mare
- This put Cluny on Delia's defence, and he praised her youth, and hinted at his own elderliness.
- Extract from : « The Trespasser, Complete » by Gilbert Parker
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019