Synonyms for cartoonist
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : kahr-toon|
|Phonetic Transcription : kɑrˈtun|
Définition of cartoonistOrigin :
- 1855, from cartoon (n.) + -ist.
- noun person who draws cartoons
- And the cartoonist from Milwaukee took to looking for a cloud with a field glass.
- Extract from : « Land of the Burnt Thigh » by Edith Eudora Kohl
- He had been the cartoonist of the college magazine when I was its editor.
- Extract from : « If You Don't Write Fiction » by Charles Phelps Cushing
- The men who have borne the title of Punch's Cartoonist are fifteen in number.
- Extract from : « The History of "Punch" » by M. H. Spielmann
- The cartoonist submits to him rough drafts of contemplated drawings.
- Extract from : « News Writing » by M. Lyle Spencer
- Are singers less able to portray in art than is the cartoonist?
- Extract from : « Seed Thoughts for Singers » by Frank Herbert Tubbs
- The great Dutch cartoonist is now in his forty-seventh year.
- Extract from : « Raemaekers' Cartoons » by Louis Raemaekers
- He early showed ability as a cartoonist, and was noted among his friends as a good story teller.
- Extract from : « Americans All » by Various
- Revere was a Boston craftsman of Huguenot descent, who was and is well known as a silversmith, engraver, and cartoonist.
- Extract from : « The Siege of Boston » by Allen French
- The cartoonist prepared a quiet supper for them and they remained overnight in the Nast home.
- Extract from : « Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete » by Albert Bigelow Paine
- After some reflection, the cartoonist asked: "Don't you think I could get $500,000 to make that trip?"
- Extract from : « The Boss and the Machine » by Samuel P. Orth
Words or expressions associated with your search
- a la carte
- a la cartes
- blank cartridge
- carte blanche
- carte du jour
- carted off
- cartesian geometries
- Cartesian geometry
- carting off
- cartoon animation
- cartoon strip
- carts off
- give carte blanche
- Sunday cartoons
- upset the apple cart
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019