Synonyms for caffeine
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ka-feen, kaf-een, kaf-ee-in|
|Phonetic Transcription : kæˈfin, ˈkæf in, ˈkæf i ɪn|
Top 10 synonyms for caffeine Other synonyms for the word caffeine
Définition of caffeineOrigin :
- trimethyl-derivative of xanthine, 1830, from German Kaffein, coined by chemist F.F. Runge (1795-1867), apparently from German Kaffee "coffee" (see coffee) + chemical suffix -ine (2) (German -in). The form of the English word may be via French caféine.
- As in coffee : noun hot beverage made from beans of a tree
- Kola drinks owe their vogue to the caffeine which they contain.
- Extract from : « Alcohol: A Dangerous and Unnecessary Medicine, How and Why » by Martha M. Allen
- Coffee owes its stimulating and refreshing qualities to caffeine.
- Extract from : « Six Cups of Coffee » by Maria Parloa
- The residue left in the retort is a mixture of caffeine and a resinous substance containing chlorophyll.
- Extract from : « Cooley's Cyclopdia of Practical Receipts and Collateral Information in the Arts, Manufactures, Professions, and Trades..., Sixth Edition, Volume I » by Arnold Cooley
- Caffeine separated by Oudry, and quinin by Pelletier and Caventou.
- Extract from : « The Scrap Book. Volume 1, No. 2 » by Various
- It's loaded with caffeine—a drug that is both a strong stimulant and a diuretic.
- Extract from : « The Ethical Engineer » by Henry Maxwell Dempsey
- No booze or caffeine, either, not for the first couple days.
- Extract from : « Makers » by Cory Doctorow
- He swallowed an added dose of caffeine and looked at the page before him.
- Extract from : « Phases of an Inferior Planet » by Ellen Glasgow
- Caffeine, preferably in the form of caffeine-sodium-benzoate.
- Extract from : « Arteriosclerosis and Hypertension: » by Louis Marshall Warfield
- Besides, the caffeine in the coffee probably aided the pilocarpine.
- Extract from : « The Social Gangster » by Arthur B. Reeve
- There is more theine or caffeine in tea leaves than in coffee.
- Extract from : « The Foundations of Japan » by J.W. Robertson Scott
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019