Synonyms for begone
|Grammar : Interj|
|Spell : bih-gawn, -gon|
|Phonetic Transcription : bɪˈgɔn, -ˈgɒn|
Top 10 synonyms for begone Other synonyms for the word begone
Définition of begoneOrigin :
- late 14c., contracted from be (imperative) + gone.
- interj go away
- I care not for it now; let them begone, for I will not arise.
- Extract from : « The Wives of The Dead » by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- She longed to denounce him, to defy him, to bid him begone, and do his worst.
- Extract from : « The Wild Geese » by Stanley John Weyman
- Their hairy dogs barked at us, and their servants shouted from afar, 'Begone!'
- Extract from : « Tales of Unrest » by Joseph Conrad
- In the name of God keep my counsel and begone, for I have nothing to say to you!
- Extract from : « The Memoires of Casanova, Complete » by Jacques Casanova de Seingalt
- "Come, boys, let us begone," said Jesse turning to his companions.
- Extract from : « Jack Wright and His Electric Stage; » by "Noname"
- Begone with you and see that the cattle are all under shelter!
- Extract from : « Capitola's Peril » by Mrs. E.D.E.N. Southworth
- At that Hauskuld waxed wroth, and bade Hrut begone to his own house.
- Extract from : « The Red Romance Book » by Various
- I lingered—why, I can hardly tell—until once more she bade me begone.
- Extract from : « Curious, if True » by Elizabeth Gaskell
- And you others, hear the commands of the High Priest and begone.
- Extract from : « Woman on Her Own, False Gods & The Red Robe » by Eugne Brieux
- “Begone, sir,” said the President, as he thrust him through the door.
- Extract from : « The Clansman » by Thomas Dixon
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019