Synonyms for allocate
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : al-uh-keyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæl əˌkeɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for allocate Other synonyms for the word allocate
Définition of allocateOrigin :
- 1630s, from verbal used of adjective allocate (mid-15c. in legal use), from Medieval Latin allocate (the common first word of writs authorizing payment), imperative plural of allocare "allocate," from Latin ad- "to" (see ad-) + locare "to place" (see locate). Related: Allocated; allocating.
- verb assign; divide among
- It requires keen and discriminating judgment to allocate specimens with passing exactitude as to time and place.
- Extract from : « Chats on Cottage and Farmhouse Furniture » by Arthur Hayden
- In Chinese annals two names appear as those of the district and town (I am not able to allocate their application with certainty).
- Extract from : « The Bbur-nma in English » by Babur, Emperor of Hindustan
- My specimens also showed these intermediate tendencies and I am unable at present to allocate the specimens to subspecies.
- Extract from : « Birds from North Borneo » by Max C. Thompson
- It was accordingly arranged to allocate yards or separate sections of yards, so that one class of tonnage only would be produced.
- Extract from : « Current History: A Monthly Magazine of the New York Times, May 1918 » by Various
- Adaptability results from diversity; so does the ability to allocate resources within the dynamic community.
- Extract from : « The Civilization of Illiteracy » by Mihai Nadin
- How to allocate ever-scarcer resources amongst these items is a daunting – close to impossible – task.
- Extract from : « After the Rain » by Sam Vaknin
- Some will have two, some three, some a number of members; and on what system will you allocate the members to these divisions?
- Extract from : « Liberalism and the Social Problem » by Winston Spencer Churchill
- I once intended to allocate a pocket especially for greenbacks, but found it unnecessary.
- Extract from : « Mince PieAuthor: Christopher Darlington MorleyRelease Date: October 10, 2004 [eBook #13694] » by Christopher Darlington Morley
- And we have been able to allocate all the haloes so far investigated to one or the other of the known radioactive families.
- Extract from : « The Birth-Time of the World and Other Scientific Essays » by J. (John) Joly
Antonyms for allocate
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019