Synonyms for airless
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : air-lis|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈɛər lɪs|
Définition of airless
- adj without fresh air
- adj still
- I hear the hungry oaths of men; and love kisses in the airless night.
- Extract from : « The Little Dream (Second Series Plays) » by John Galsworthy
- You cannot see stars in the daytime on earth, yet you could see them in the daytime on the airless moon.
- Extract from : « Common Science » by Carleton W. Washburne
- The main floor, big as an armory, airless as a tomb, swarmed with dancers.
- Extract from : « The Best Short Stories of 1915 » by Various
- It was comfortable, airless, flowerless, with gravy-coloured walls.
- Extract from : « The Lowest Rung » by Mary Cholmondeley
- The station was open and airless as Harvest Moon had been before the humans got there.
- Extract from : « Legacy » by James H Schmitz
- Scotch heather does not grow here in this airless sort of place.
- Extract from : « Betty Vivian » by L. T. Meade
- The doors of the narrow, airless prison of her love were open to receive him.
- Extract from : « Moth and Rust » by Mary Cholmondeley
- But the silence of the airless night was deep and large all about him.
- Extract from : « In the Wilderness » by Robert Hichens
- Gedalyeh Mindel flung open the door of a dingy, airless flat.
- Extract from : « Hungry Hearts » by Anzia Yezierska
- In that hot, airless hole, what would I have not given for a draught of pure water!
- Extract from : « The Voodoo Gold Trail » by Walter Walden
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019