Synonyms for aikido
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ahy-kee-doh; Japanese ahy-kee-daw|
|Phonetic Transcription : aɪˈki doʊ; Japanese ˈaɪ kiˌdɔ|
Top 10 synonyms for aikido Other synonyms for the word aikido
Définition of aikidoOrigin :
- Japanese art of self-defense, 1936, literally "way of adapting the spirit," from Japanese ai "together" + ki "spirit" + do "way, art," from Chinese tao "way."
- As in martial art : noun far eastern discipline or sport
- As in martial art : noun combat technique
- Aikido, The Way of Harmony, teaches tranquility in the use of force, and compares it to the calm in the eye of a hurricane.
- Extract from : « Sequential Problem Solving » by Fredric Lozo
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019