Synonyms for aiding
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : eyd|
|Phonetic Transcription : eɪd|
Top 10 synonyms for aiding Other synonyms for the word aiding
Définition of aidingOrigin :
- early 15c., "wartime tax," also "help, support, assistance," from Old French aide, earlier aiudha "aid, help, assistance" (9c.), from Late Latin adjuta, from fem. past participle of Latin adiuvare (past participle adiutus) "to give help to," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + iuvare "to help" (see adjutant). Meaning "thing by which assistance is given" is recorded from c.1600. Meaning "material help given by one country to another" is from 1940.
- verb help, support
- What will your father say if he finds me aiding and abetting?
- Extract from : « Weighed and Wanting » by George MacDonald
- When he gave, he gave all that he had; he had no notion of aiding or assisting.
- Extract from : « Sir Brook Fossbrooke, Volume II. » by Charles James Lever
- Tom said he was aiding the committee, looking after the poor.
- Extract from : « Daughters of the Revolution and Their Times » by Charles Carleton Coffin
- I had won Sidi's gratitude by aiding him against two ruffians.
- Extract from : « At Aboukir and Acre » by George Alfred Henty
- After a moment she shook off his aiding arm and moved slowly to Tobey's door.
- Extract from : « The Best Short Stories of 1920 » by Various
- Decimated, out-worn, but dangerous, the aiding regiments from the left did well.
- Extract from : « The Long Roll » by Mary Johnston
- There are many other provisions for aiding plants in climbing.
- Extract from : « Chambers's Edinburgh Journal, No. 454 » by Various
- It is a good and a safe rule to let no opportunity of aiding a reader escape.
- Extract from : « A Book for All Readers » by Ainsworth Rand Spofford
- But the Portuguese are fighting on our side, and aiding us to help you.
- Extract from : « Under Wellington's Command » by G. A. Henty
- This is not co-operation; it is aiding and abetting 'refusal' tactics.
- Extract from : « On the Heels of De Wet » by The Intelligence Officer
Antonyms for aiding
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019