Synonyms for aided
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : eyd|
|Phonetic Transcription : eɪd|
Top 10 synonyms for aided Other synonyms for the word aided
Définition of aidedOrigin :
- early 15c., "wartime tax," also "help, support, assistance," from Old French aide, earlier aiudha "aid, help, assistance" (9c.), from Late Latin adjuta, from fem. past participle of Latin adiuvare (past participle adiutus) "to give help to," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + iuvare "to help" (see adjutant). Meaning "thing by which assistance is given" is recorded from c.1600. Meaning "material help given by one country to another" is from 1940.
- verb help, support
- We are aided by all who desire self-government and a voice in deciding their own affairs.
- Extract from : « United States Presidents' Inaugural Speeches » by Various
- Aided by my Flicie, I dressed in haste and tried to descend, but it was impossible.
- Extract from : « My Double Life » by Sarah Bernhardt
- Mr. Stone aided in the establishment of several manufactories at this point.
- Extract from : « Cleveland Past and Present » by Maurice Joblin
- They followed the gas, and were aided in their advance by artillery fire.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Great War, Volume III (of VIII) » by Various
- The triumph, aided perhaps by good wine, had made a new man of Fritz.
- Extract from : « The Prisoner of Zenda » by Anthony Hope
- He had fought against her in this matter, and had been aided by Gaspare.
- Extract from : « A Spirit in Prison » by Robert Hichens
- They were aided in this by a rumour that Felicien was to marry Claire de Voincourt.
- Extract from : « A Zola Dictionary » by J. G. Patterson
- They were so venal, too, that they aided the enemy rather than us by their movements.
- Extract from : « The Memoirs of Louis XIV., His Court and The Regency, Complete » by Duc de Saint-Simon
- Then he aided her to seize the ladder and clung to it in his turn.
- Extract from : « Nana, The Miller's Daughter, Captain Burle, Death of Olivier Becaille » by Emile Zola
- Both of the women now docilely obeyed and aided him, in his heroic self-abnegation.
- Extract from : « Doctor Pascal » by Emile Zola
Antonyms for aided
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019