Synonyms for aha
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ah-hah, uh-hah|
|Phonetic Transcription : ɑˈhɑ, əˈhɑ|
Top 10 synonyms for aha
Définition of ahaOrigin :
- exclamation of surprise or delighted discovery, late 14c., from ah + ha.
- They crieden out! ... A ha the fox! and after him thay ran. [Chaucer]
- As in comprehension : noun understanding
- Aha, you've discovered it's a parody, have you, you sly minx!
- Extract from : « The Straw » by Eugene O'Neill
- Aha, yaas; and the bon papa and mamma know vere you have come?
- Extract from : « Cormorant Crag » by George Manville Fenn
- "Aha," said the lean man, quietly, and gripped the lad's arm with his hand.
- Extract from : « The Black Buccaneer » by Stephen W. Meader
- Aha, thought I, now at last is he going to pester me with his literary efforts.
- Extract from : « The Cruise of the Snark » by Jack London
- Aha, you are going about and showing the people what you can do!
- Extract from : « The Goose Man » by Jacob Wassermann
- The doors of the future, as it were, lifted from their hinges, and—Aha!
- Extract from : « The Gay Gnani of Gingalee » by Florence Huntley
- Aha, said the head of police, though I do not know this writing I believe I know this name.
- Extract from : « The Mesmerist's Victim » by Alexandre Dumas
- Aha, but since you are so 'affectionate' to music we will come and play to you this evening at your house.
- Extract from : « Poor Folk in Spain » by Jan Gordon
- Let them be turned back as a reward of their shame that say, 'Aha!
- Extract from : « The Inferno » by August Strindberg
- Well, during that week Talboys must not come, that is all; aha!
- Extract from : « Love Me Little, Love Me Long » by Charles Reade
Antonyms for aha
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019