Synonyms for agonizingly
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : ag-uh-nahy-zing|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæg əˌnaɪ zɪŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for agonizingly
Définition of agonizingly
- As in uncomfortably : adv painfully
- As in hard : adv with difficulty
- The details were overpowering, but the total picture was agonizingly clear.
- Extract from : « The Next Logical Step » by Benjamin William Bova
- A muffled sound, faint, but agonizingly definite—a woman's sobs!
- Extract from : « The Secret Witness » by George Gibbs
- An agonizingly long time later the faint and disregarded sound of the plane swept back across the heavens.
- Extract from : « Operation Terror » by William Fitzgerald Jenkins
- A glance told him it was empty; but he felt with his hands in all the dim corners, agonizingly whispering her name.
- Extract from : « Two on the Trail » by Hulbert Footner
- It was as if someone had prodded him in an agonizingly sore place and he reacted instinctively.
- Extract from : « The Black Tide » by Arthur G. Stangland
- And in two minutes he was flown, agonizingly anxious, knowing that something was wrong.
- Extract from : « Prudence of the Parsonage » by Ethel Hueston
- No street is avoided in their daily walks, which agonizingly suggests a floating form once watched and waited for there.
- Extract from : « Folly as It Flies » by Fanny Fern
- Not able even to stand alone, awkwardly, agonizingly unable to mount his restive horse, his life was yet so strong within him!
- Extract from : « Jackanapes » by Juliana Horatio Ewing
- Were the features against which that frail bit of cambric was agonizingly pressed of a pleasing contour?
- Extract from : « Seven Keys to Baldpate » by Earl Derr Biggers
- On the reviewing stand the dignified hands went up, agonizingly slow, to a final salute and they stayed there.
- Extract from : « Martian V.F.W. » by G.L. Vandenburg
Antonyms for agonizingly
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019