Synonyms for aflutter
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uh-fluht-er|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈflʌt ər|
Top 10 synonyms for aflutter Other synonyms for the word aflutter
- have cold feet
- in a dither
- running scared
Définition of aflutterOrigin :
- 1830, from a- (1) + flutter (v.).
- As in fearful : adj alarmed, apprehensive
- The line ended with a flock of bicycles all aflutter with ribbons and pennants.
- Extract from : « Ethel Morton at Chautauqua » by Mabell S. C. Smith
- She was all aflutter with expectancy not untinged by fear, she knew not of what.
- Extract from : « The Bartlett Mystery » by Louis Tracy
- He was all aflutter, and asked that I remain, as the General would not be long.
- Extract from : « A Journal From Our Legation in Belgium » by Hugh Gibson
- At once the Princess was aflutter with eagerness and excitement.
- Extract from : « Graustark » by George Barr McCutcheon
- The rosy Hilda, all aflutter, began to apologize for the state of her house which was as spotless as a new pan.
- Extract from : « Plowing On Sunday » by Sterling North
- When at last, all aflutter, Jeanne danced away into the wings, even the musicians dropped their instruments to applaud.
- Extract from : « Third Warning » by Roy J. Snell
Antonyms for aflutter
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019