Synonyms for affricate
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : noun af-ri-kit; verb af-ri-keyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : noun ˈæf rɪ kɪt; verb ˈæf rɪˌkeɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for affricate Other synonyms for the word affricate
Définition of affricate
- As in speech sound : noun sound unit of speech
- The affricate in words like gaol is of French origin (gele), from a Late Lat.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 11, Slice 4 » by Various
- Here, the j is to be pronounced as a double letter (technically an affricate) as in English.
- Extract from : « The Comic Latin Grammar » by Percival Leigh
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019