Synonyms for affluent
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : af-loo-uh nt or, often, uh-floo-|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæf lu ənt or, often, əˈflu-|
Top 10 synonyms for affluent Other synonyms for the word affluent
Définition of affluentOrigin :
- mid-15c., "flowing," from Middle French affluent (14c.) or directly from Latin affluentem (nominative affluens) "flowing toward, abounding, rich, copious," present participle of affluere "flow toward," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + fluere "to flow" (see fluent).
- adj wealthy
- adj plentiful
- His idea was to establish a man at once,—easy, affluent, and independent.
- Extract from : « Sir Brook Fossbrooke, Volume II. » by Charles James Lever
- The forest clearing has expanded into affluent commonwealths.
- Extract from : « The Frontier in American History » by Frederick Jackson Turner
- His equipage was then splendid, and suitable69 to his affluent circumstances.
- Extract from : « The Stranger in France » by John Carr
- Am I an orphan, as has been told me; or have I parents yet living, affluent, and high in society?
- Extract from : « An Outcast » by F. Colburn Adams
- There is a suggestion of affluent orientalism that attracts strongly.
- Extract from : « Floyd Grandon's Honor » by Amanda Minnie Douglas
- Every one in Salisbury was having dinner—or in the case of the affluent, lunch.
- Extract from : « The Magic World » by Edith Nesbit
- As yet, however, it was only to be seen upon the tables of the refined and the affluent.
- Extract from : « The Golden Dog » by William Kirby
- This lady was a widow, somewhat advanced in years, and in affluent circumstances.
- Extract from : « City Crimes » by Greenhorn
- The confluence is the point of junction of an affluent river with its recipient.
- Extract from : « The Sailor's Word-Book » by William Henry Smyth
- It is an affluent of the Raritan, coming into it from the south.
- Extract from : « Journal of Jasper Danckaerts, 1679-1680 » by Jasper Danckaerts
Antonyms for affluent
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019