Synonyms for abundant
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uh-buhn-duhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈbʌn dənt|
Top 10 synonyms for abundant Other synonyms for the word abundant
Définition of abundantOrigin :
- late 14c., from Old French abundant and directly from Latin abundantem (nominative abundans) "overflowing," present participle of abundare "to overflow" (see abound). Related: Abundantly.
- adj plentiful, large in number
- The ablutionary fluid is most difficult to be had in places where water is abundant.
- Extract from : « Punchinello, Vol. 1. No. 20, August 13, 1870 » by Various
- Then she recovered somewhat, and sobbed gently in an abundant fall of tears.
- Extract from : « The Secret Agent » by Joseph Conrad
- Refreshed by abundant sleep and good food he was in the highest of spirits.
- Extract from : « The Rock of Chickamauga » by Joseph A. Altsheler
- About sundown he took in his decoy Hen, as Owls were abundant, and went back to his camp.
- Extract from : « Johnny Bear » by E. T. Seton
- What she perceived was that she needed all her love and care, and these she offered in abundant measure.
- Extract from : « The Hunted Outlaw » by Anonymous
- Provisions were abundant and the numerical strength was sufficient.
- Extract from : « The Bay State Monthly, Vol. 1, Issue 1. » by Various
- Who would not conceive a prince a great lord and abundant in everything?
- Extract from : « The Praise of Folly » by Desiderius Erasmus
- The harvest has been abundant, corn is plentiful, and all go happily about their work.
- Extract from : « The Chinese Fairy Book » by Various
- She was as abundant in personal attractions as she was rich in mental beauty.
- Extract from : « Gomez Arias » by Joaqun Telesforo de Trueba y Coso
- The material in proof of this high status of Egyptian women is abundant.
- Extract from : « The Truth About Woman » by C. Gasquoine Hartley
Antonyms for abundant
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019