Synonyms for affiliations
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-fil-ee-ey-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˌfɪl iˈeɪ ʃən|
Top 10 synonyms for affiliations Other synonyms for the word affiliations
Définition of affiliationsOrigin :
- 1751, "adoption," from French affiliation, from Medieval Latin affiliationem (nominative affiliatio), noun of action from past participle stem of Latin affiliare "to adopt a son," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + filius "son" (see filial). Figurative sense of "adoption by a society, of branches" first recorded 1799 (affiliate in this sense is from 1761).
- noun association with an organization
- German educators and foreign priests with Austrian affiliations, saw to that.
- Extract from : « The Treasure Trail » by Marah Ellis Ryan
- She has only met him once before, and doesn't know any of his past affiliations.
- Extract from : « When Patty Went to College » by Jean Webster
- They were in college, and they still keep up their affiliations.
- Extract from : « Baseball Joe at Yale » by Lester Chadwick
- It was she he would translate as it were, to his world and his affiliations and familiars.
- Extract from : « Selina » by George Madden Martin
- In fact, at 340 moments I was strongly inclined to doubt his affiliations.
- Extract from : « Gold » by Stewart White
- It is Congregational in its affiliations, but is actually non-sectarian.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 7, Slice 9 » by Various
- In securing to all nationalities the right to choose their own governments and affiliations.
- Extract from : « The Unpopular Review, Number 19 » by Various
- There was absolutely no evidence against her except of her affiliations with the Girondists.
- Extract from : « Brave Men and Women » by O.E. Fuller
- Her affiliations were with grandeur, purity, and loveliness.
- Extract from : « Shadows of the Stage » by William Winter
- Did you know anything of Mr. Paine's background and affiliations?
- Extract from : « Warren Commission (1 of 26): Hearings Vol. I (of 15) » by The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
Antonyms for affiliations
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019