Synonyms for relationship
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ri-ley-shuhn-ship|
|Phonetic Transcription : rɪˈleɪ ʃənˌʃɪp|
Top 10 synonyms for relationship Other synonyms for the word relationship
Définition of relationshipOrigin :
- 1640s, "sense or state of being related," from relation + -ship. Specifically of romantic or sexual relationships by 1944.
- noun connection; friendship
- The first results come from my first relationship, and my first relationship is to God.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- He gave an account of his relationship with the Daily Sensation.
- Extract from : « The Foolish Lovers » by St. John G. Ervine
- In what relationship to him lfhere, mentioned 2605, stands, is not clear.
- Extract from : « Beowulf » by Unknown
- I took no trouble to ask her concerning the relationship of which Mr Coningham had spoken.
- Extract from : « Wilfrid Cumbermede » by George MacDonald
- So much that there had been speculation about their relationship—that didn't interest him.
- Extract from : « Happy Ending » by Fredric Brown
- Was it not the very curiousness of his relationship with Ingram had made it so palatable?
- Extract from : « Cleo The Magnificent » by Louis Zangwill
- "I know that Etienne is his son, and that's a relationship that remains," she said.
- Extract from : « L'Assommoir » by Emile Zola
- Henry, why do you not aspire to so distinguished a relationship?
- Extract from : « The Elm Tree Tales » by F. Irene Burge Smith
- She called the elder "mother," which showed that I was right as to the relationship.
- Extract from : « The Stark Munro Letters » by J. Stark Munro
- This pointed remark had no more effect than the statement of relationship.
- Extract from : « Thankful's Inheritance » by Joseph C. Lincoln
Antonyms for relationship
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019