Synonyms for admiring
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ad-mahyuh r-ing|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈmaɪər ɪŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for admiring Other synonyms for the word admiring
- be crazy about
- be crazy for
- be crazy over
- be mad about
- be nuts about
- be stuck on
- be sweet on
- be wild about
- delight in
- fall for
- get high on
- go for
- groove on
- hold in respect
- look up to
- marvel at
- moon over
- pay homage to
- rate highly
- take pleasure in
- think highly of
- wonder at
Définition of admiringOrigin :
- early 15c. (implied in admired), from Middle French admirer (Old French amirer, 14c.), or directly from Latin admirari "to wonder at" (see admiration). Related: Admiring; admiringly.
- verb hold in high regard
- There should be no institution out of the reach of an indignant or admiring humanity.
- Extract from : « Alarms and Discursions » by G. K. Chesterton
- You could count them by hundreds, and your eyes grew weary of admiring them.
- Extract from : « The Three Cities Trilogy, Complete » by Emile Zola
- Geoff, however, was hardly at the age for admiring scenery much.
- Extract from : « Great Uncle Hoot-Toot » by Mrs. Molesworth
- I had no sooner read it than, after admiring it, I felt it must be answered.
- Extract from : « A Writer's Recollections (In Two Volumes), Volume II » by Mrs. Humphry Ward
- However, they couldn't remain standing there admiring the table.
- Extract from : « L'Assommoir » by Emile Zola
- Then their admiring Sittie and Ammal have nothing to do but enjoy them.
- Extract from : « Lotus Buds » by Amy Carmichael
- The world was against them while they lived; but this is rather a reason for admiring than for depreciating them.
- Extract from : « Philebus » by Plato
- He reached her in a time so short that she was surprised into an admiring comment.
- Extract from : « The Woman-Haters » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- I knew if I came earlier I should find you surrounded by an admiring crowd.
- Extract from : « Audrey Craven » by May Sinclair
- As the reader has learned, there was good cause for this admiring question.
- Extract from : « Adrift on the Pacific » by Edward S. Ellis
Antonyms for admiring
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019