Synonyms for admires
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ad-mahyuhr|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈmaɪər|
Top 10 synonyms for admires Other synonyms for the word admires
- be crazy about
- be crazy for
- be crazy over
- be mad about
- be nuts about
- be stuck on
- be sweet on
- be wild about
- delight in
- fall for
- get high on
- go for
- groove on
- hold in respect
- look up to
- marvel at
- moon over
- pay homage to
- rate highly
- take pleasure in
- think highly of
- wonder at
Définition of admiresOrigin :
- early 15c. (implied in admired), from Middle French admirer (Old French amirer, 14c.), or directly from Latin admirari "to wonder at" (see admiration). Related: Admiring; admiringly.
- verb hold in high regard
- Admires her great qualities, and glories in the friendship between them.
- Extract from : « Clarissa, Volume 1 (of 9) » by Samuel Richardson
- I am like the drunkard who admires a temperate life, yet can't pass a ginshop.
- Extract from : « In the Midst of Alarms » by Robert Barr
- He will not forget the builder while he admires the architect.
- Extract from : « A Dish Of Orts » by George MacDonald
- He admires you greatly, Lucy; he told me so as he took me downstairs.
- Extract from : « Sir Brook Fossbrooke, Volume I. » by Charles James Lever
- Beulwitz, the emperor's aide-de-camp, admires her immensely.
- Extract from : « Jack Hinton » by Charles James Lever
- The child will not claim it unless he knows his parent and admires or respects him.
- Extract from : « The Legacy of Greece » by Various
- Candaules worships you, admires you, and his fault springs only from an excess of love.'
- Extract from : « King Candaules » by Thophile Gautier
- He admires the profusion of walnuts, chestnuts, wild apples and plums.
- Extract from : « The Country of the Neutrals » by James H. Coyne
- Now, if there is one thing Destiny admires in a man, it is his courage to defy her.
- Extract from : « Quin » by Alice Hegan Rice
- If he ever recovers it, he will present you with it; he says if it should cost him £10—for he admires you.
- Extract from : « Letters of Edward FitzGerald » by Edward FitzGerald
Antonyms for admires
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019