Synonyms for ad nauseam
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : ad naw-zee-uh m, -am|
|Phonetic Transcription : æd ˈnɔ zi əm, -ˌæm|
Top 10 synonyms for ad nauseam
Définition of ad nauseamOrigin :
- "to a sickening extent," Latin, literally "to sickness" (see nausea).
- adv to a sickening degree
- We are told, ad nauseam, that the stage has laws of its own, to which all dramatists must bow.
- Extract from : « Another Sheaf » by John Galsworthy
- There have been republics (so-called) ad infinitum and ad nauseam.
- Extract from : « The Arena » by Various
- They are said to be cowardly and treacherous; to be mere money-grubbers, and so on ad nauseam.
- Extract from : « The Cradle of Mankind » by W.A. Wigram
- Indeed, this has been insisted on ad nauseam in recent years.
- Extract from : « Psychotherapy » by James J. Walsh
- Fall in, and you are expected to stay in, ad infinitum, ad nauseam.
- Extract from : « The Wit and Humor of America, Volume IV. (of X.) » by Various
- All travellers are, and all fill up a page or two with complaints, ad nauseam—for that reason sick you shall not be.
- Extract from : « Olla Podrida » by Frederick Marryat (AKA Captain Marryat)
- They used God's name and quoted Scripture ad nauseam even in State correspondence.
- Extract from : « With the Guards' Brigade from Bloemfontein to Koomati Poort and Back » by Edward P. Lowry
- Each new method in turn seems to breed another, and so on ad nauseam.
- Extract from : « Great Pianists on Piano Playing » by James Francis Cooke
- At the mention of John D. everybody turned to golf and Skinner got that delightful recreation ad infinitum, ad nauseam.
- Extract from : « Skinner's Dress Suit » by Henry Irving Dodge
- She uses them ad nauseam, and thereby proves that she did not possess the genuine qualities.
- Extract from : « Frederick Chopin as a Man and Musician » by Frederick Niecks
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019