Synonyms for ad infinitum
|Grammar : Adj, adv|
|Spell : ad in-fuh-nahy-tuh m, ad in-|
|Phonetic Transcription : æd ˌɪn fəˈnaɪ təm, ˌæd ɪn-|
Top 10 synonyms for ad infinitum
Définition of ad infinitumOrigin :
- Latin, literally "to infinity" from infinitum "infinity," neuter of adjective infinitus "endless" (see infinite).
- adj neverending
- adv to infinity
- This tariff of favours and of infamy descends 'ad infinitum'.
- Extract from : « Memoirs of the Court of St. Cloud, Complete » by Lewis Goldsmith
- We relive and redie and redie and relive, endlessly, ad infinitum.
- Extract from : « The Paliser case » by Edgar Saltus
- There have been republics (so-called) ad infinitum and ad nauseam.
- Extract from : « The Arena » by Various
- If this is also moving, it must be moved by a third, and so on ad infinitum.
- Extract from : « A History of Mediaeval Jewish Philosophy » by Isaac Husik
- Every mechanical cause has its cause in turn, and so ad infinitum.
- Extract from : « A Critical History of Greek Philosophy » by W. T. Stace
- And so on, ad infinitum; it is enough to give the hint for the play.
- Extract from : « Froebel's Gifts » by Kate Douglas Wiggin
- Similarly a woman becomes a "skirt," and so on ad infinitum.
- Extract from : « My Discovery of England » by Stephen Leacock
- Fall in, and you are expected to stay in, ad infinitum, ad nauseam.
- Extract from : « The Wit and Humor of America, Volume IV. (of X.) » by Various
- She would arouse at first a very few, and then a few more, and a few more, and so on ad infinitum.
- Extract from : « Stories by American Authors, Volume 6 » by Various
- A man might put on a dress, save it, go back and put on another, and so on ad infinitum.
- Extract from : « Flowers of Freethought » by George W. Foote
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019