Synonyms for ad hominem
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ad hom-uh-nuh m -nem, ahd‐|
|Phonetic Transcription : æd ˈhɒm ə nəm -ˌnɛm, ɑd‐|
Top 10 synonyms for ad hominem
Définition of ad hominemOrigin :
- c.1600, Latin, literally "to a man," from ad "to" (see ad-) + hominem, accusative of homo "man" (see homunculus).
- As in character assassination : noun attack someone's reputation
- He is arguing 'ad hominem' according to the notions of mythology current in his age.
- Extract from : « Apology » by Plato
- There is no retort to such a proposition as this so proper as the argument not ad hominem, but ab or ex homine.
- Extract from : « A History of the French Novel, Vol. 1 » by George Saintsbury
- And thus, when in future they are condemned, they will say ad hominem that they are unjust, and thus will refute their judgment.
- Extract from : « The Thoughts of Blaise Pascal » by Blaise Pascal
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019