Synonyms for aculeate
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uh-kyoo-lee-it, -eyt or uh-kyoo-lee-ey-tid|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkyu li ɪt, -ˌeɪt or əˈkyu liˌeɪ tɪd|
Top 10 synonyms for aculeate Other synonyms for the word aculeate
Définition of aculeate
- As in stinging : adj painful
- The aculeate wasps of New Caledonia, with natural history notes.
- Extract from : « The Biotic Associations of Cockroaches » by Louis M. Roth
- This is also the case in the Aculeate Hymenoptera when the reproductive organs have been 735 destroyed by the parasite Stylops.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 6, Slice 6 » by Various
- May be regarded as an aculeate variety of Archidiscus polythalamus.
- Extract from : « Report on the Radiolaria Collected by H.M.S. Challenger During the Years 1873-1876, First Part: Porulosa (Spumellaria and Acantharia) » by Ernst Haeckel
- This has been found to be the case in insects so widely different as Orthoptera and Aculeate Hymenoptera.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 13, Slice 4 » by Various
Antonyms for aculeate
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019