Synonyms for acrylic
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-kril-ik|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkrɪl ɪk|
Top 10 synonyms for acrylic Other synonyms for the word acrylic
Définition of acrylicOrigin :
- 1855, "of or containing acryl," name of a radical from acrolein (1843), the name of a liquid in onions and garlic that makes eyes tear, from Latin acer "sharp" (see acrid) + olere "to smell" (see odor) + -in (see -ine (2)). With adjectival suffix + -ic. Modern senses often short for acrylic fiber, acrylic resin, etc.
- As in paint : noun tinted covering
- His acrylic radio collar was also cracked on the right side in three places.
- Extract from : « An Experimental Translocation of the Eastern Timber Wolf » by Thomas F. Weise
- The transmitter, batteries, and antenna were molded into a collar of acrylic weighing 11 ounces (Mech et al. 1965).
- Extract from : « Ecological Studies of the Timber Wolf in Northeastern Minnesota » by L. David Mech
- It forms an addition product with acrylic ester, which on heating loses nitrogen and leaves trimethylene dicarboxylic ester.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 8, Slice 4 » by Various
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019