Synonyms for acquiescently
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : ak-wee-es-uh nt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌæk wiˈɛs ənt|
Top 10 synonyms for acquiescently Other synonyms for the word acquiescently
- with good grace
- with pleasure
- with relish
Définition of acquiescentlyOrigin :
- 1690s (implied in acquiescently), from Latin acquiescentem (nominative acquiescens), present participle of acquiescere (see acquiesce).
- As in gladly : adv happily
- This it is the highest wisdom of men to acquiescently confess.
- Extract from : « Abraham Lincoln's Cardinal Traits; » by Clark S. Beardslee
- "Heap better," said Flor acquiescently, and beginning to hold a whistling colloquy with the hidden voice.
- Extract from : « The Atlantic Monthly, Volume 16, No. 96, October 1865 » by Various
- I said something about a private family—'Or a private family,' added the lady, acquiescently.
- Extract from : « An American Girl in London » by Sara Jeannette Duncan
- "It is written: 'Cho Sing collected feathers to make a garment for his canary when it began to moult,'" replied Lin acquiescently.
- Extract from : « Kai Lung's Golden Hours » by Ernest Bramah
Antonyms for acquiescently
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019