Synonyms for achievements
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-cheev-muhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈtʃiv mənt|
Top 10 synonyms for achievements Other synonyms for the word achievements
Définition of achievementsOrigin :
- late 15c., "act of completing" (something), from Middle French achèvement "a finishing," noun of action from Old French achever (see achieve). Meaning "thing achieved" is recorded from 1590s.
- noun something completed successfully; goal reached
- In that purpose we have been helped by achievements of mind and spirit.
- Extract from : « United States Presidents' Inaugural Speeches » by Various
- Your achievements may not have sufficiently swelled the historic page.
- Extract from : « A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion » by William Dobein James
- The tribute that we pay to achievements that resembles, but do not equal, our own.
- Extract from : « The Devil's Dictionary » by Ambrose Bierce
- A long time he had stood in the shadow of Pat's achievements.
- Extract from : « The Widow O'Callaghan's Boys » by Gulielma Zollinger
- We will follow the achievements of the three groups in separate order.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Great War, Volume III (of VIII) » by Various
- In truth, his learnings and achievements are fluid and moving.
- Extract from : « The Child and the Curriculum » by John Dewey
- But since then achievements in steam have dwarfed even the great work of Corliss.
- Extract from : « The Age of Invention » by Holland Thompson
- Calhoun had learned of two achievements the same Korvan had made for his world.
- Extract from : « Pariah Planet » by Murray Leinster
- Achievements of the past, though to the rest of us wonderful and sublime, are to you—as you say, 'rot.'
- Extract from : « The Portygee » by Joseph Crosby Lincoln
- Still, man has won the admiration of man by his achievements, he said.
- Extract from : « The Fifth String » by John Philip Sousa
Antonyms for achievements
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019