Synonyms for accordance
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-kawr-dns|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkɔr dns|
Top 10 synonyms for accordance
Définition of accordanceOrigin :
- c.1300, "compliance;" early 14c., "agreement, concurrence," from Old French acordance "agreeing, reconciliation, harmony," noun of action from acorder (see accord). Of things, "conformity, compatibility, harmony," late 14c. Phrase in accordance with is attested from c.1810 (in Middle English, in accordance of was the usual form).
- noun agreement
- noun conferment
- In accordance with the advice of Hippocrates, the journey to Olympia was undertaken.
- Extract from : « Philothea » by Lydia Maria Child
- It must have been written for the occasion, for the sentiment of it was in accordance with the prayer.
- Extract from : « Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, No. 327 » by Various
- Lorenzi lowered his point in salute, in accordance with the rules of fence.
- Extract from : « Casanova's Homecoming » by Arthur Schnitzler
- He got up, in accordance with the rule that the earliest riser must build the fire.
- Extract from : « Frank Roscoe's Secret » by Allen Chapman
- This, to be sure, was more in accordance with his character as I had long observed it.
- Extract from : « Ruggles of Red Gap » by Harry Leon Wilson
- But the arguments of reason are not always in accordance with the suggestions of feeling.
- Extract from : « Gomez Arias » by Joaqun Telesforo de Trueba y Coso
- The officer must bring up his family in accordance with his position.
- Extract from : « The Sexual Question » by August Forel
- On such a lovely day it's your duty to dress in accordance with it.
- Extract from : « Jan and Her Job » by L. Allen Harker
- It was so fitting; quite in accordance with the rest of the black pageant.
- Extract from : « A Breath of Prairie and other stories » by Will Lillibridge
- One could see too that that song was in accordance with Madame Putois's own feeling.
- Extract from : « L'Assommoir » by Emile Zola
Antonyms for accordance
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019