Antonyms for nonconformity
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : non-kuh n-fawr-mi-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌnɒn kənˈfɔr mɪ ti|
Definition of nonconformity
- noun belief, behavior different from most
- The only instance in which there is nonconformity with observation, is that of Venus.
- Extract from : « Essays: Scientific, Political, & Speculative, Vol. I » by Herbert Spencer
- Their suspension of the penalties for Nonconformity was denounced.
- Extract from : « History of the English People, Volume VI (of 8) » by John Richard Green
- For this act of nonconformity they were severely censured by some of their brethren.
- Extract from : « Fragments of science, V. 1-2 » by John Tyndall
- Her hungry eyes, gazing at Bianca, had in them the aspirations of all Nonconformity.
- Extract from : « Fraternity » by John Galsworthy
- My spirit of nonconformity did not permit me to follow his example.
- Extract from : « Tracks of a Rolling Stone » by Henry J. Coke
- Rabid in their nonconformity, how am I to make a happy family of them?
- Extract from : « Bizarre » by Lawton Mackall
- In 1662 Dalgleish was ejected for nonconformity, and died before the Revolution.
- Extract from : « Letters of Samuel Rutherford » by Samuel Rutherford
- We hear less of what the life of Nonconformity has done for the Church.
- Extract from : « British Quarterly Review, American Edition, Volume LIV » by Various
- Another chapter on Nonconformity will be found in this book.
- Extract from : « Notes and Queries for Worcestershire » by John Noake
- But then, how did Nonconformity afar manage to do it so exactly like?
- Extract from : « It Never Can Happen Again » by William De Morgan
Synonyms for nonconformity
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019