Synonyms for abc
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ey-bee-see|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈeɪˌbiˈsi|
Top 10 synonyms for abc Other synonyms for the word abc
Définition of abcOrigin :
- "the alphabet," late 13c., abece. Sense "rudiments or fundamentals (of a subject)" is from late 14c. From 1944 (in a "Billboard" headline) as a shortening of American Broadcasting Company. Related: ABCs.
- As in particular : noun detail
- As in basics : noun fundamentals
- Much better just pound away at the ABC and simple arithmetic and so on.
- Extract from : « Fantasia of the Unconscious » by D. H. Lawrence
- Triliteral and Multiliteral Propositions (such as “All abc are de”).
- Extract from : « Symbolic Logic » by Lewis Carroll
- There exists a plane ABC, which does not contain all the points.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 11, Slice 6 » by Various
- Not that in all circles the radii are equal, but only that they are so in the circle ABC.
- Extract from : « A System of Logic: Ratiocinative and Inductive » by John Stuart Mill
- Slavery was a terra incognito to him then, a book of which he had not learned the ABC.
- Extract from : « William Lloyd Garrison » by Archibald H. Grimke
- But there's one thing I can do, fellows, from abc up to xyz, and that's write.
- Extract from : « Dawn O'Hara, The Girl Who Laughed » by Edna Ferber
- But there were all the little tiers, and the ABC's, and the faces and fingers.
- Extract from : « A Summer in Leslie Goldthwaite's Life. » by Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney
- This is a better plan than that followed by some textbook writers of imagining ⧍ABC taken up and laid down on itself.
- Extract from : « The Teaching of Geometry » by David Eugene Smith
- B clamps his instrument and reads off the angle ABC, and the time observer begins to note the time of transit.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 14, Slice 1 » by Various
- My third master's children learned me my ABC's in slavery times.
- Extract from : « Slave Narratives: A Folk History of Slavery in the United States from Interviews with Former Slaves, Arkansas Narratives, Part 4 » by Work Projects Administration
Antonyms for abc
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019