Antonyms for notifications
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : noh-tuh-fi-key-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌnoʊ tə fɪˈkeɪ ʃən|
Definition of notificationsOrigin :
- late 14c., from Old French notificacion (13c.) and directly from Medieval Latin notificationem (nominative notificatio), noun of action from past participle stem of Latin notificare "to make known, notify" (see notify).
- noun announcement
- To whom are these notifications and determinations of his pleasure directed?
- Extract from : « The Mosaic History of the Creation of the World » by Thomas Wood
- Mostly they were notifications of arrivals and departures in various cities, and they seemed to concern various business ventures.
- Extract from : « Kastle Krags » by Absalom Martin
- Notifications of omission will be welcome and duly acknowledged with gratitude.
- Extract from : « A Chronicle History of the Life and Work of William Shakespeare » by Frederick Gard Fleay
- In any case the notifications were issued under the incognito title of Comte de Marnes.
- Extract from : « Memoirs of the Duchesse de Dino v.2/3, 1836-1840 » by Duchesse De Dino
- They, like the postal, should be used only for brief messages of no special importance, or for notifications.
- Extract from : « The Etiquette of To-day » by Edith B. Ordway
- The notifications they had attached to their doors on leaving had not entirely answered their expectations.
- Extract from : « Narrative of the Circumnavigation of the Globe by the Austrian Frigate Novara, Volume III » by Karl Ritter von Scherzer
- Many other notifications were served on him through the agency of Fray Antonio Espexo25 of the same order.
- Extract from : « The Philippine Islands, 1493-1898, Volume XXV, 1635-36 » by Various
- Notifications of meetings were called "warnings," and members were warned in whatever way the secretary desired.
- Extract from : « Donahoe's Magazine, Volume XV, No. 3 » by Various
Synonyms for notifications
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019