Antonyms for nonentity
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : non-en-ti-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : nɒnˈɛn tɪ ti|
Definition of nonentity
- noun nullity
- noun nonexistent thing
- You can't put her off with Mrs. Theobald; she knows as well as we do that she is a nonentity.
- Extract from : « Where Angels Fear to Tread » by E. M. Forster
- I can't think of any one you know—not a nonentity—but I should like to bring a friend, if I may.
- Extract from : « Audrey Craven » by May Sinclair
- Anything to get me out of this hell of deceit, nonentity namelessness.
- Extract from : « Garrison's Finish » by W. B. M. Ferguson
- In Europe, as you know, till a woman is married she is a nonentity.
- Extract from : « The Lure of the Mask » by Harold MacGrath
- Compare "pseudonym," where the prefix is contracted, and "nonentity."
- Extract from : « "Stops" » by Paul Allardyce
- A public nuisance is really more respectable than a nonentity.
- Extract from : « The Brown Mouse » by Herbert Quick
- And even if a thing is a thing, it is a nothing to a nonentity.
- Extract from : « The Lost Art of Reading » by Gerald Stanley Lee
- An unfecundated egg, which the waves of time wash away into nonentity.
- Extract from : « Pearls of Thought » by Maturin M. Ballou
- Entity means thing or being; hence a nonentity is no thing or nothing.
- Extract from : « Orthography » by Elmer W. Cavins
- The marine officer, Mr Tusk, was a nonentity put into a red jacket.
- Extract from : « Percival Keene » by Frederick Marryat
Synonyms for nonentity
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019