Antonyms for non-starter
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : non-stahr-ter|
|Phonetic Transcription : nɒnˈstɑr tər|
Definition of non-starter
- As in also-ran : noun unsuccessful challenger
- As in false alarm : noun needless alarm or worry
- As in flop : noun miserable failure
- Nevertheless, I reminded myself that this non-starter and I had been at school together.
- Extract from : « Right Ho, Jeeves » by P. G. Wodehouse
- The —— Company have several second-hand cars for sale, starter and non-starter models; petrol consumption low.
- Extract from : « Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 152, April 25, 1917 » by Various
- Aaron laughed as he replied, 'As you please; but there's not much fear about Neptune being a non-starter.'
- Extract from : « Settling Day » by Nat Gould
- To proceed, our backer finds to his relief that Giddy Gertie is a non-starter and retires to the refreshment bar for a bracer.
- Extract from : « Punch, or the London Charivari, Volume 159, December 1, 1920 » by Various
Synonyms for non-starter
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019