Synonyms for loser
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : loo-zer|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈlu zər|
Top 10 synonyms for loser Other synonyms for the word loser
Définition of loserOrigin :
- mid-14c., "a destroyer," agent noun from lose (v.). Sense of "one who suffers loss" is from 1540s; meaning "horse that loses a race" is from 1902; "convicted criminal" is from 1912; "hapless person" is 1955 student slang.
- noun person, thing that fails
- The company proceed to play at faro, the bank being the loser.
- Extract from : « Punchinello, Vol. 1, No. 15, July 9, 1870 » by Various
- I am a loser also; the forfeit money bequeathed to me is gone.
- Extract from : « Alice, or The Mysteries, Complete » by Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- It seemed he couldn't lose, and he was as unpleasant a winner as he was a loser.
- Extract from : « Goodbye, Dead Man! » by Tom W. Harris
- Running a race with that old man in the box which can find a loser first.
- Extract from : « The Christian » by Hall Caine
- I––I have not seen what was before me, and I shall always be the loser.
- Extract from : « Hidden Water » by Dane Coolidge
- He played a little, but it was notorious that he was ever a loser.
- Extract from : « Davenport Dunn, Volume 1 (of 2) » by Charles James Lever
- I purpose that you will not be a loser by me, and will make it all that my poor talents can do.
- Extract from : « Charles Lever, His Life in His Letters, Vol. I (of II) » by Edmund Downey
- "You 'll be a loser too, sir, by all accounts," added Heffernan.
- Extract from : « The Knight Of Gwynne, Vol. I (of II) » by Charles James Lever
- A person at the old peer's left hand is likely to be a loser.
- Extract from : « The Works of William Hogarth: In a Series of Engravings » by John Trusler
- Jones saw that in a battle with great guns he was sure to be the loser.
- Extract from : « The Naval History of the United States » by Willis J. Abbot.
Antonyms for loser
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019